Thursday, March 08, 2007

Utterly Cool Feild Trip


From Solomon: We're finally back! I admit that it was mostly my fault that Mommy hasn't updated the blog in a while. I spilled tea on the computer keyboard. Ooops. But, Daddy came home with another one yesterday, so here we are again! We had a field trip to the Rickreal Dairy yesterday and boy was it fun! Stinky, but fun. We got to feed the babies their bottles (and get slimed), and see the Mamas get milked (hee hee - one peed on Mr. Lunde! It was great!).

Mommy said that this was good practice. Soon there will be babies needing bottles at our house - I can't wait to help out!

Here's Zion and me. It's really handy for Mom that Kai's best friend is Zion's brother, Cayman. 2 sets of brothers is really nice for play dates, birthday parties and growing up together in general! And, as you can see, Cayman and Malachi love each other every bit as much as Zion and I do!

Here's the cotton seed that the cows eat with their grain. The "cowboys" said that, if wear only our socks, we could play in it! 50 pairs of boots were left in a big pile and the homeschoolers were off to conquer the mountain. When it was time to leave, a few of my friends discovered that they had accidentally become barefooted.
I wonder how many cows have eaten previous feild trippers' stinky socks?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What fun ~ This is what childhood memories are made of! So glad they had such a good time with their little friends. Nana
P.S. I'm glad you're up and running agin after the tea mishap ~
I've missed your blog!

Anonymous said...

Wish I was there too, looks fun. Looks like they got plenty of practice with bottle feeding! I've missed you adding to the Blog this is our way into their life's and much appreciated that you keep us up to date with what they are doing. We love you guys so much.
Papa & Goga