Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Before they outgrow it...

I wanted a small list of my favorite of Solomisms and Malachisms that are heard throughout the days of their toddler hood. Soon these utterances will fade into the correct words and pronunciations they vaguely resemble. They'll be outgrown just like the cribs, car seats and diapers. On that day, I'll cry. I just don't want to live in a world without "hangerburs".

Malachisms:

"Cinderella": Noun. Type of cheese preferred over Cheddar, Swiss, Colby or Pepper Jack.

"Bwank": Noun. Ugly, pilly green thing drug around the house incessantly, fretted over while in the washer and required immediately in case of "owie", "bonk", or heaven forbid, "bweedin'".

"Fwatted": Adjective. State that "bwank" must be in before sleep can occur. "Fwatting" consists of 3 steps; the locating of the "bwank", the laying on of the "bwank", and most importantly, the smoothing of the "bwank". "Fwatting" may need to occur several times before sleep is achieved.

"Sah-wee": Noun. Malachi's brother. Often pronounced in a whiny tone.

Solomisms:

"Hangerbur": Noun. A favorite fast food item ordered specifically without lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, onions and mustard effectively making it the most unhealthy food item known to man.

"Mammo-Jammo": Noun. Homemade, tie-together "bwank" made from fleece hand-picked by him (one side purple tie-dye, one side rainbow sherbet colored camouflage).

"Pee": Noun. Beloved classic Disney musical starring an animated invisible dragon and his boy, "Pee".

"Maneese": Noun. Favorite condiment for sandwiches.

I may add to the list as I remember/hear more...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can just hear them - laughed out loud. (Not sure what my co-workers may be thinking!) And I just love Kai's little lisp that is
beginning to disappear - I don't want it to go!! They just grow up waaayyyy too fast - sigh! Nana

Anonymous said...

Agree with Nana, they grow up wayyyy tooo fast!!! Pretty soon they won't want to be cuddled anymore by Goga & Nana - that will be sad too!

Goga

Jill said...

Oh I love it! Two of my favs are once going through a wooded area and Quinn saying "Mom! We're in the "dungle" and Cade saying his l's like r's, clapping away saying "crap crap crap". LOL :)