Friday, February 16, 2007

Our 501st Post!

Wow! Can you believe we've passed our 500 post milestone? At least I hear that it's a milestone. And I'm supposed to write 50 interesting things about myself to commemorate it, apparently. I may not get to 50, as I'm really not all that interesting, but I'll admit to a few eccentricities for all of blogdome:
1. I HATE the feel of velvet. Have since I was a kid.
2. I under no circumstances trust the big sucking tube people use at bank drive-ins. They freak me out. Someday one of those suckers will suck up somebody's arm and they'll be on the evening news. Won't be me, thankyouverymuch.
3. When I was a teenager I stepped on my brother's mouse, Inky, and killed him.
4. My Mom and my brother were right there when it happened.
5. They actually laughed.
6. My husband is very hunky.
7. I have a sister 8 years older than me and a brother 8 years younger.
8. I'd like to have 7 kids someday.
9. In 4th grade I accidentally killed my hamster by putting him outside in his exercise ball on a hot day.
10. I've wanted to adopt since I was tiny.
11. My Grandma was a missionary in Liberia, Africa.
12. Last summer I got my husband's name tattooed between my shoulder blades.
13. He really liked it :)
14. I prefer pudding to ice cream.
15. I may like Rescue Heros as much as my boys do.
16. White walls and I don't get along.
17. I thought Malachi was a girl the first half of his pregnancy and called him Tirzah.
18. I'm glad that he doesn't remember.
19. I want to spend retirement traveling all over in my motor home with my old, hunky husband.
20. I have an 8-year-old sister-in-law.
21. I love Monty Python.
22. I like my boys to match each other or at least coordinate their colors.
23. Couldn't tell you why, really.
24. Half of my bedroom is painted black.
25. I prefer pie to cake.
26. I like movies wherein people get eaten by creatures.
27. I will never again install carpeting in my home. Ever.
28. I'm a big Simpson's fan. Yah, I know, I know...
29. I prefer vanilla flavor to chocolate flavor on most things.
30. When we were newlyweds, my husband bought me 2 ducks which I kept in a kiddie pool in the living room.
31. I prefer daisies to roses.
32. My children will outgrow naps long before I do.
33. I dislike chick-flicks.
34. I will never live too far from the ocean.
35. I'm wild about chickens.
36. I'm a big fan of M. Night Shaymalan.
37. My favorite movie of all time is Signs.
38. I prefer baths to showers and only choose the later if I absolutely have to.
39. My dog and my firstborn are both named after C.S. Lewis.
40. My kids are incredibly cute and self-sufficient for their ages.
41. I've read all the Harry Potters, Artemis Fowls, and the entire Series of Unfortunate Events.
42. The escrow on our house closed on our wedding day.
43. I really like dread-locks.
Alrighty, that's enough torture for today. Now you can effectively embarass me anytime you wish. May our next 500 posts be as interesting as the last!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

#5 needs a little clarification.
All 3 of us actually stood in stunned silence for a full 60 seconds before the giggling started. AND, you laughed right along with us Lynee Suzanne!!! It was just one of those moments like when someone laughs at a funeral.
Interesting memory for all concerned! Mom

Anonymous said...

Good stuff - all of it! =0)

some chick said...

OH MY GOD. I laughed for, like, 5 minutes about the drive-thru bank suckers. For REAL. I did. I put my head down on my knee and laughed til I cried and my stomach hurt and I couldn't breathe. Then I tried to breathe and snotted, I laughed so hard. It was the "thankyouverymuch" that tied the knot for me.

You don't know me, but I linked to you through my friend Lee Ann, whose son is named Damascus.

And we have a little girl we named Mary Judah, not your traditional girl's Biblical name but hey. Mary was after my mom. She's almost four, and is a complete riot. Judah, that is, not my mom.

Anonymous said...

Learned more about my Beautiful daughter-in-law. Brought smiles to me and confirmed that my son made a very good choice!! Love you bunches

Goga

Anonymous said...

Your post was very interesting. I've always wanted to adopt as well.