Thursday, February 08, 2007

Healthy Competition

From Mommy: I've been really blessed. My boys have never been very competitive with one another. Until now. The other day I walked into the kitchen to see my sons debating heatedly. Solomon was irate and Malachi was bawling. A fight of this magnitude is uncommon in our household, and I was concerned,
"What's going on, boys?"
"We were playing a game and the winner was supposed to get the prize! But Malachi took the prize even when he wasn't the winner!!" Solomon informed me, arms folded over his little, heaving chest.
"But I really wanted the prize! Solly took it away from me without asking first! I think I was the winner, and I want the prize!" Malachi choked out between sobs.
"Well, maybe you could both win the prize - do we have 2 of them? What's the prize?"
Solomon held out an open palm containing....nothing.
Confused, I asked, "Well, what was the prize?"
"It's this piece of pretend candy." Solomon said.
They were fighting over an imaginary piece of candy. Completely melting down and driving each other to tears over something completely fictional. Sheesh. I can't wait until they're teenagers.





4 comments:

Homeschool Help Web said...

Whee-heee, GOOD times!

Wait a couple of years until you hear one complaining that the other is smiling at him. :-D

Tee-hee.

Jill said...

That is just one of the funniest things I have ever heard! Oh I so needed a great laugh this morning!! Did you completely crack up? I don't think I could have held it in. :) - Jill
PS - Came to your blog from owlhaven:)

Anonymous said...

Too Funny - that's my boys. Gotta Love them!!!! So do they get pretend cars, that's yet to be seen - would be easier on all of us, lol lol

Papa & Goga

Anonymous said...

Those two "take the cake"! How funny they are! Nana