Friday, March 16, 2007

The Bliss of Boys

From Mommy: I adore my boys but today was one of those days where I found myself really looking forward to ruffles and pink nail polish, you know, to even things out a bit.

The morning began with sweet hugs and kisses from my boys before we began to conquer our day. After breakfast I was exiting the bathtub and the boys were undressing to enter it. Suddenly Malachi somehow got his "Mr. Winky" zipped into his fuzzy Superman jammies. The Man of Steel went down like an inflamed jetliner (complete with the ear piercing screeching and groaning) as his panicked Mama frantically attempted to free his manhood. The episode ended with my poor son sobbing not only because of the considerable pain he was experiencing, but because his very favorite PJs were now ripped. Seems Superman's Mom doesn't know her own strength when it comes to rescuing her potential future grandchildren.

Later on I mosey into the front room to find this:

Ms. Rosalind had been nearly decapitated (then carefully put back). Also, the family pictures framed in the hallway were in various stages of brutalization. Sigh. Just as I was thinking about my weariness concerning masculine appendages and testosterone, I look outside to see my sweet little boys playing baseball together. Laughing and giggling. Just like brothers throughout the generations have done before them. Probably countless Moms before me have had days like these that have ended just like this, with renewed gratitude and thankfulness for the opportunity to be a part of this amazing process that is raising boys. Looks like the day will come full circle.


Or not.

1 comment:

Jill said...

Oh I needed a laugh today! As a mom of three boys I know these moments well. *sigh* - Jill :)