Friday, March 09, 2007

Congratulations Daddy!!


Today is the day Micah officially graduates! He is now an X-Ray Technologist! It's been a long haul for my husband. I remember him bringing textbooks to the birthing center when I went into labor with Solomon those 5 years ago. I remember the late night cram sessions and the sacrifices he made to excel. I remember the terms he worked by night then headed straight to school after his shift to pull through those 18 credit hours. I remember him sitting with Solly on his lap with an open Anatomy & Physiology textbook, showing his son where nearly unpronounceable body parts were situated. All to provide his growing family with the stability he wanted for them and to afford the best opportunities for his children. Not only has my husband put our kids in the ideal circumstances to pursue their dreams, but he's taught them how to go out into the world and fight for them. To persevere. To finish. You did it, Baby. I'm more proud than words can say.
PS - What does any proud man with a brand new career do? Well, take the camera to work and snap a few shots of his ultra-professional self, of course! And what would said man and his fellow employees do when no patients are available to examine? Well, apparently...this. Seeing as it's what I found on the camera. Didn't you know that hazing is quite popular for a newbie in the medical field? Sure, medical personnel will condemn college fraternities while being interviewed on Dateline NBC, but as you can see, it's an epidemic even reaching into our hospitals.

4 comments:

owlhaven said...

Congrats!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Micah! It's been tough, but kudos to you for sticking it out!

So, uh, what kind of medical procedure was that, anyway? Or do we want to know?

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS dear Son-In-Law ~
I am ever sooooo proud of you!!!!
It is wonderful that you always place the care of your family high on your priority list ~ God will honor your commitment! Mom

Anonymous said...

Words can't express the joy I have at watching your accomplishments. I'm am proud beyond words. You made a lot of sacrifices, but they have paid off. You are an AWESOME, father, husband and SON. I love you so much and am very very proud to be your mother and of you.

Mom