Thursday, January 25, 2007

Stay. Good Dog.

From Mommy: Have you ever seen those I Spy books? You know, the ones that show different scenes and include a list of items that are hidden in each one (I swear, they put an extra item or 2 in every book. That stupid blackbird on page 23 does. not. exist. period.)? Well, somewhere inside this picture is my dog. The one Micah got me for my wedding gift all those years ago. She who patiently plays the cow on the pretend farm with my little farmers. The good dog who isn't "into" digging and is above chewing furniture. She who doesn't mind sharing the bed with a cat and has her morning constitutionals while being stared and and nudged by an excited rabbit (that now outweighs her). Yes, she tends to smell a bit funky at times. She joins the vast majority of dogdom who battle halitosis and have hinder-licking tendencies. But she's truly a good girl. She's getting old and we're realizing that our boys will likely have to deal with losing the ever-constant sweetness she's always offered them. I guess we'll take that when it comes. For now, "Stay, Jadis. At least for a little bit longer. Good dog."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She has been a good little dog (as dogs go) and I hate the thought of what the boys will go through when she passes. I'm glad they enjoy her so much ~ maybe she'll make it
to 15. Nana