Saturday, January 20, 2007

For Rayna

I gaze upon you as you sleep.
Behind those eyes of blackest deep,
A world confusing, all awry.
The carefree child was forced to die.


Blown here and there the tempest winds
Craft scars so deep they seldom mend.
But hear this now, my little one,
As Mama prays your wounds undone:


"Jesus, Savior, please heal and give
Your tiny daughter peace to live.

When this world feels alien, strange, alone,
Comfort her, 'I know, for you I left My home.'

At times when she feels small and of little worth,
Remind her of Bethlehem and your humble birth.

When the loves of her life betray and dismiss, hold her close to the cheek that Judas kissed.

When she's labeled 'unwanted' and loved by just few, whisper, 'I know, baby, they labeled me "King of the Jews".

When she's sensing her weakness and feeling so frail, reach out Your strong hand which was pierced by the nail.

And when she's finally risen up, a great woman of faith, let the world who wounded her stop short, amazed,

And just like her Savior let her forgive them in love, and reach out to tell them of her home up above."

Convey all these truths, Lord. I want her to know from the harshest beginnings true beauty does flow.

Written by Lynee when Ray was a year old.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, Sweetheart! Your tender heart makes me so proud !
Mom

Anonymous said...

I Love you so much. I'm so happy my son has such a loving wife with a beautiful heart.
Mom-2

Spirit of Adoption said...

THAT brought tears to my eyes! That was amazing!!! Thank you for sharing that prayer....the Lord hears it even today!

And can I just say that your mother-in-laws comment is precious! There's NO WAY I'd ever hear anything close to that from my m-in-law!!! What a gift for you!!!

Spirit of Adoption said...

OK...I can see how my comment could be taken as "rude" toward my m-in-law. Please forgive me. If anything it reflects me and not her. : (