Friday, April 13, 2007

Solly's 1st Science Fair!


From Solly: I just competed in the Salem Area Christian Homeschool Network Science Fair! My project was "Why do my birthday party balloons quit floating?" This was the picture I used underneath my question.


I learned about the scientific method, and together Mommy and I experimented with helium balloons to answer my question. I learned what a hypothesis is and Mommy helped me make my display board. We got it all figured out and were ready for the big night!




When the judge came to ask me about my project I told her all about it and showed her all the things I learned - ALL BY MYSELF!


Later on a judge asked everyone to be quiet and said what a great job we all did and that he had some ribbons to give out. Then I heard him call, "Can we have Solomon Lewis up here?" I was surprised and went up. He handed me a ribbon that says...
"1st Place"! WOW! I was the littlest kid in the Science Fair and I got a 1st place! I guess Junior Asparagus was right, "Little guys can do big things, too!"

2 comments:

Jill said...

Congrats Solly!! What a cool science project!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for inviting me to attend Solomon! I enjoyed being there and seeing you do so well. You are such a smart boy! Love You ~
Nana