Monday, April 02, 2007

Just Resting his Eyes...

From Mommy: Solomon is now 5 and, having reached that milestone, had officially outgrown nap time. My son was absolutely thrilled about this graduation even though it came with the stipulation of mandatory quiet time so that (a really cheesed-off) Malachi could still use nap time to sleep. Solly was so impressed with his grown-upness and all morning kept letting little remarks slip out in the presence of his brother, "Wow. I'm so happy that I'm 5 now. I've outgrown naps." and "Hmmmm, I wonder what I'll chose to do during your nap time today..." which would earn him a glare from his brother and a warning from his Mama.


So later I laid down with Kai who was wailing about the inequality of it all. We left Sol in the front room with a heap of Legos and a stern warning to keep the noise level down. Malachi eventually relaxed in my arms and we both fell asleep. I woke a bit later and was impressed with my eldest's ability to maintain the quiet time.


















Malachi stumbled out of bed behind me and took stock of his brother,
a mischievous grin spreading across his face.


Solomon will never hear the end of this.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love it! Brings back memories of when you were 5 & I said you could just lay on the bed & read a book for awhile. Invariably, you'd doze off, but you were so proud that you didn't have to "do naps" anymore. Whatever works! Mom