Monday, April 02, 2007

The Borrowers

From Mommy: We borrowed our friends' kiddos (minus their oldest) the other day. Having always craved a large family, I enjoy a mass of ankle-biters running around. Looking at them all lined up munching their Mac-N-Cheese renewed my excitement for my children to come. I also realized that I hadn't updated y'all as to the happenings of our adoption journey in a while.

To make a really long story short, we were ready to send in our paperwork for the babies when the call came. "Would you still be interested in adopting Rayna?" Of course, the unequivocal answer was, "Absolutely. Yes!"
So, it seems that late this
summer our precious girl MAY come up for adoption after all. It's a big MAY, but as long as there's an ounce of hope we're not giving up. Micah and I decided, after talking with caseworkers on both the Foster Care and the Vietnam side, that we will hold our Vietnam paperwork until Rayna's case is resolved.

Please let it be known to all that WE HAVE NOT TOLD THE BOYS. They have just recently stopped asking after Ray every single day. The tears still come, but are less frequent. Malachi especially was devastated at her loss. I don't even know if I'm strong enough to go through loosing this beautiful child again, and under no circumstances will I expect my little sons to experience that level of loss again. If I can help it. So, please, friends. Not a word of these happenings to my guys. If, by the grace of God Almighty, we get to Committee and win custody, we'll come home with a big surprise for our sons.

Please pray for the strength Micah and I need to get through this. Again.

3 comments:

shell said...

wow! what a long few months it will be while you wait. praying for good news!

Anonymous said...

As always, I'm praying that your heart's desire is granted by the One who knows us best and is in control of everything. Hang in there! I love you all - Mom

Jill said...

Oh my goodness! We will be praying for you!! - Jill