Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Oaks Amusement Park


Mommy and Kai-Kai:


Saturday we ventured out to Micah's work picnic at Oaks Amusement Park. It was good times! The kids got all the rides they could want, we won a $50 gas card at the raffle (which at current gas prices covered the cost to drive there) and there was plenty of free food.


Daddy and Levi:

Weapons make them smile!
Look at Levi's face!! He was lovin' this!
On the foster care front, J.J.'s mother was told that she could either leave him where he is and DHS will pursue adoption with us, or she could place him for adoption privately. I have never heard of this before, but I guess the lawyer that mom is working with has done it several times. The up side for her would be signing an open adoption contract with the parents of her choosing. She could call the shots with regards to how open the adoption would be, if she could have visits, etc. The down side is another move for the baby. She has to decide by July 8th. We'll see what she chooses.


I did meet with her, give her pictures I had taken of the baby, and we chatted for a while. I feel that it went well and she saw that J.J. likes me. But she may not want him to be child # 4 in the family. I could really see this going either way. God will have the final word.

No comments: