Friday, June 27, 2008

Graduation 08

Well, summer is in full swing at the Lewis house! This year I enrolled Malachi in the camp that Solly attended last year. He was a year too young, but they let him attend because they knew him from last year. He happened to be there with me as I stayed on the premises all day to covertly monitor the care of my precious eldest. Kai and I used the time to play at the river while Solly's group was fishing upstream, hike on parallel trails as Sol's group enjoyed their nature walk, and eat our bagged lunches where Solomon couldn't see us, but I could hear how he was faring. The counselors there came to know us and, seeing as it was a home school oriented camp, they welcomed my paranoia.
I've come a long way in a year!
I actually dropped Solomon & Malachi off, kissed them, handed them their lunches and......gasp......left them in Dallas to enjoy themselves!
They had a great time. And I got to spend some quality time with Levi and J.J.
On the last day of camp, I picked up my big boys and we headed straight to our home school co-op's graduation party. Solomon got his certificate for completing the 1st grade and Kai graduated from Kindergarten.

By the time we headed home with bellies fully of cake and such a fun and busy day behind us, everyone was tired. By the time we got home, my eldests were out cold. Summertime has begun!

No comments: