Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Valentine's Day



The boys had their Valentine's party yesterday. Fun times! Too fun to get a decent picture of the 4 of them as they were playing games and eating cookies. They even all had little temporary tattoos on their cheeks. Dad always rolls his eyes at that tradition. Guess he doesn't like his boys wandering around with butterflies and hearts on their faces.

Look at Zephan's hair, though - it's coming in curly on top! Finally! For so long all the curls remained in back. I'm so glad he's looking more balanced.

Oh, and, here's one: Zephan's caseworker confided in me that she was puzzled as she watched his birth mom in a recent visit. It's a group visit, set in a classroom-type of environment with activity tables and such. This offers more accountability as multiple supervisors roam around and keep an eye on things. Well, it seems that birthmom began eating the snack I packed for Zephan. Then, it seems that she also....wait for it....drank his juice from his sippy cup. Like the no-spill kind with the screw-on lid. For babies.
Weird.
Well, so next visit she sends a note home in the diaper bag, "Please pack the baby more snacks. He is mooching off other kids and my food stamps go towards rent."
Excuse me?
Keep in mind that this is the only note she's ever written me despite the fact that on that very visit I sent a package with about 30 new pics of the baby, an update and locks of hair from his first haircut.
A thank you?
Nah.
I'm just ordered to send more snacks for her to eat while her child gets hungry enough to "mooch off other kids".

I know that she's immature, but sheesh!!
So. next time I'm making sure he has a full belly before he leaves and I'm not packing him a thing. If he gets fussy, well, she'll have to deal with him being fussy.
Welcome to my life.

1 comment:

Lovingmyamazinglife said...

Thats so funny!!!Our kids former foster dad did the same thing,we met at the park(during early visits) brought a cooler,drinks and cups for all(for him too),yet he drank out of her sippy cup.Our jaws dropped.Its just weird,really.