Friday, February 20, 2009

"Soooo, you like rats, huh?"

So, there I was, petting my dog on the floor, watching Discovery channel. When my cat popped through the cat door with a huge, dead rat in his mouth. I took little notice of him until he practically laid the thing in my lap. Then I noticed.
Boy, did I notice.
Micah later said that I made an odd yelping noise and he thought to himself, "Uh-oh. That's not a normal sound." He rushed into the front room to see what was up. We figure Furgus was thinking 1 of 2 things in his kitty brain:
"Oh! They like rats in the house now! I'll earn my keep and add to the collection!" -OR-
"Stupid, selfish humans refuse to share their rats? Fine. I'm perfectly capable of obtaining my own, thankyouverymuch."
Either way, it was gross.
I grabbed Lexx and begged Micah to handle the situation. But, of course, he had to grab the camera and snap a pic (making sure to get the rat cage in the background, for irony's sake) before he disposed of the poor guy.
Blah.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yuck!!!!!!!! =( Nana

Lovingmyamazinglife said...

Thats crazy!I am glad it wasn't one of the pets.Love your header pic,those boys are adorable.

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness! That is a big rat. I think I would have beat the cat to death with the rat...or screamed really loud til my husband done away with both of them. yuck