Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Introducing...

Sable and Margo!




Solomon & Sable



Malachi & Margo (and Sable)



...and, yes, they named their rats with the first letters of their names on purpose. The rat sisters came to us from the boys' cousins, Nikki and Edan. The girls enjoyed the rats but their parents were concerned that the family was traveling too much. Plus work/school all day and activities. They began feeling guilty about leaving the rat sisters alone so much of the time. Now, for those of you who know my husband, this will surprise you: they asked Micah about adopting the rats and he was the one who approved.

And meanwhile, my weekend away at the Homeschool Mom's Retreat was so refreshing!

This was our view on the deck (where I drug the Lazy-Boy recliner and my blankie and read my book - yes I go to great lengths to relax).

And this was the view out my window (where I lounged on my bed, drank tea, chatted with homeschool buddies and....read my book.)

We also watched movies and played board games and soaked in the hot tub. And since we all go in together to rent the house, it only cost $60 per person. Including the awesome homemade breakfasts and dinners Shelley and Liz make every morning and evening.

Nothing like coming home from a full day shopping for bargains at the outlet stores to a beach house that smells of freshly baked garlic bread from scratch. We ate on the deck and laughed and listened to the sounds of the waves and watched the sunset. It was such a refreshing time with good friends traveling the same path.

I'm already looking forward to next year and will begin putting $5 in my (now empty)"retreat jar" every paycheck!

2 comments:

Lovingmyamazinglife said...

We have always had rats as pets,their great.Usually die a bit to soon though.

Anonymous said...

The rat on Kai's shoulder looks like it's laughing! I like them except for those creepy long tails.
Nana