Tuesday, December 16, 2008

What Child did This?

Baby Jesus has been MIA for a while, now.

Micah smiles and says He must have ascended to heaven already.

I personally think he ascended to the chubby right hand of a mischievous little baby I know.

Does anyone else find it a bit odd that he only took baby Jesus? I totally would have pegged him for the cow who's missing an ear. It makes me smile to remember all the baby boys I've chased away from this manger scene. All the little chubby faces. Some run smiling, some run crying, but they all run; little diapered hinders disappearing down the hallway. Some drop the wise man, some hold their forbidden treasure close as they try to escape.

We usually happen upon one or two kidnapped figurines around May (although, sadly, the donkey has never been found and is presumed a casualty). And back in the closet they go to wait for the next baby boy who will inevitably try his hand at the Annual Manger Gauntlet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL! I think I have a spare Jesus you can have. XXOO Mom/Nana