Saturday, December 13, 2008

In Celebration...

...of Micah being done with the term (he now has a couple of weeks off before the beginning of next term), we decided to open one set of gifts early.



Most of the tags read, "To: Daddy From: Daddy",


but a few were just for the boys to enjoy, like the Lego Star wars.


And Mommy even got in on the whole mess by getting the Wii Fit. I don't do video games, folks. I would much rather read a book. That having been said, this smart-alek Wii Fit has been a blast. It keeps track of your weight, BMI, workout time, and offers tons of fun training that really gets you moving (and laughing). One of my favorites where my children line up on a soccer field and chuck balls and shoes at me (you actually make Wii characters that look like each member of the family). I have to dodge the shoes and smack the balls with my head. The yoga is cool, too. And because you're standing on this special mat thingie, the system actually senses if your doing it right and helps you do everything correctly. It even berates you if you miss a day, like yesterday when I logged on, "Well! Hello, Nee! Too busy to train yesterday, huh? Well, I guess I'll have to try harder to motivate you." Then it shows me my weight.

Jerk.

I was in the hospital with my baby, OK? Stupid machine?

But, I love it.

2 comments:

Lovingmyamazinglife said...

I have been wanting one of these.The last real video games I enjoyed were circa 1980,pacman,centipede,donkey king,the new stuff is just way over my head.

Another name ?=Do you change their whole name,meaning middle too?Our kids current name should be a character in a book,its a huge drawn out multiple 1st name southern(redneck) mixture,we don't want to keep any part of it.We are hoping to change the whole thing after we get TPR.The SW's are just way to involved in a negative way to even try to tell them of a change this soon,they would consider it abuse likely.We have call her by a nick name now,thats a short version of her current name.But we plan on a complete change as soon as we are free!!!!

Aly sun said...

THe Wii looks like so much fun.

I've enjoyed catching up on your blog. Super cute boys you have!