Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Life with my Guys




Well, we've had an interesting few days over here. Including but not limited to:


Dragging my incredibly deep sleeper out of bed to go potty at midnight. I stabilized my groggy boy on his feet and prodded him toward the door, turned around to re-cover Solomon, then heard a noise a lot like pee hitting fabric. Almost exactly like pee hitting fabric. I turned around to see my disoriented boy swaying slightly as he peed into his clothes hamper. It was funny the next morning. Funnier was my boy who didn't even remember the incident, laughing heartily with his brother when I told them what had happened.


Micah walking in the door after work, eyes tired from a long day. He stopped next to the kitchen table to remove his (very expensive, special order) contacts and drops one. In the blink of an eye, before Micah can stoop to retrieve it, the Pomeranian flew onto the scene and licked it up.
That, folks, was a very expensive dog treat.

Our cat somehow injuring only the pads of his front paws. Pieces of his pads were actually falling off.
And vet offices are the absolute worst place to bring my brood. My boys adore creatures of all kinds. Maybe they get that particular trait from their Mama. But going to the vet stinks. Not only am I dealing with a hurt/sick animal of my own, but my children walk in the door and see 15 beautiful, fuzzy (sick, injured and usually scared and cheesed off) animals lounging on people's laps. Just waiting, no, begging to be petted. It's torture for them. And our vet doesn't take appointments, so in return for better prices, you wait with the hordes. It usually takes a couple of hours at least.
I swear, if I get 1 more kid, I'm switching to a more expensive and less time consuming clinic.

Micah and the baby, who had so far managed to elude the viral yuck circulating the household, woke up not feeling well. We're leaving for vacation on Friday! C'mon!

And then there's the whole Foster Family Annual Picnic. But that's a whole 'nother post...

No comments: