Friday, February 01, 2008

Snow Day!




We had been hearing about upcoming snow for weeks as we listened to the weather forcast. It never seemed to come, however, and was always due tomorrow or just a few days away.
Well, we FINALLY got our snow!
It was almost bedtime when it really started sticking. Luckily the boys already had warm fuzzy jammies on so we just threw on coats and hats and ventured out.
I don't know if Levi had ever seen snow before. If he had, it seemed that he'd forgotten about it because it seemed a novelty to him. I wish I knew more about his first 2 years of life. Was this his first time playing in the snow? Did he have his first birthday cake Sunday? Is he riding his first tricycle right now? I guess there will always be holes in what I know about my son's early experiences, but this I do know: This was his first time playing in the snow with his brothers. Sunday he had his first birthday cake made special for him by his Mama. And that tricycle? I taught him how to work those pedals.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, what happens from now on is what his memories will be made of and he's such a fortunate little boy to have such a wonderful new
Mommy, Daddy and brothers. December 6th was his "birthday into the Lewis family" ~ what happened before is not as important as what his future holds with his new family! Mom