Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Battle Weary


From Mommy: I know - long time, no blog. As most of you know, the time between the last post and this one has been real tough on our little family. We have been forced to reconsider the meaning of friendship and are thankful for true friends who have rallied to our side to support us and shore us up with prayer. Also, for our family who continue to hold us up even though they grieve with us. Let me be clear: God's plan for Rayna hasn't changed. Yesterday, today and forever He remains the same. We believe that, by God's grace, we are called to raise this beautiful child. We will fight for her not only now but through any battle that may come in her future. Yes, this is a trying season. Yes, we are anxious. Yes, her presence is missed to an insane degree ("The 3 Musketeers" are down to 2 and they keep asking after her). But we are standing together in faith ("Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." Hebrews 11:1) and God is already at the finish line. He's all-powerful and He's got this.
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, submit your requests to God. And the peace of God which transcends all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Jesus Christ." Philippians 4:6-7 Amen.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://www.InstantBuzz.com/r/?lionheart1327

Anonymous said...

We are here to suport all of you - we love you
Papa & Goga

Anonymous said...

The LORD shall fight for you, and ye shall hold your peace
And the LORD said unto Moses, Wherefore criest thou unto me? speak unto the children of Israel, that they go forward:
But lift thou up thy rod, and stretch out thine hand over the sea, and divide it: and the children of Israel shall go on dry [ground] through the midst of the sea
And I, behold, I will harden the hearts of the Egyptians, and they shall follow them: and I will get me honour upon Pharaoh, and upon all his host, upon his chariots, and upon his horsemen
And the Egyptians shall know that I [am] the LORD, when I have gotten me honour upon Pharaoh, upon his chariots, and upon his horsemen.
Exd 14:14-18

We serve a mighty God that knows our heart. He sent his son that we might have life and have it more abundantly. WE CHOOSE LIFE FOR RAYNA and God hears our hearts.
God bless you all
Lisa

Anonymous said...

I just received your telephone message, Sweetie, and isn't it awesome to step back and watch God work? I am so thankful some issues are coming to light regarding our precious girl. HE IS IN CONTROL and His promises are true. As always, I am standing with you. Love, Mom

DeAnna said...

I don't know your whole story, but I will be praying! I can see how much your family loves this precious little girl!! God is good and you're right His plans haven't changed, maybe He is just using this to bring you closer to Hiim and show your trust in Him. You seem to have such a wonderful peace about all of this!