Thursday, April 24, 2008

Foot in His Mouth

Well, Solomon has his first loose tooth. The day it falls out I'll probably cry. He's just getting really big. His Daddy deemed that it was time to sign him up for Shao Lin Kempo. We weren't sure if Kai was ready, but try putting Solomon in and telling Malachi to sit and watch...I dare you. Anyhow, picture the typical class. Kids wearing their cute little uniforms, the Sensie issuing instructions:
Instructor: "Now, everybody sit down, this is called a Butterfly Stretch: put the bottoms of your feet together, like this, and bend down like you're smelling your feet. Yes! That's right! Good thing we all have clean feet, huh? Raise your hand is you have clean feet!"
Every kid raises their hand. But one.
Instructor: "Don't you wash you feet, Solomon?"
Solomon: "Yes, when I take a bath I do, but my Mom didn't give me a bath today."
Nice. Thanks, Solly.

No comments: