Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Maybe We'll Take a Sick Day, After All:

You know you're in a homeschooling house when you hear a child from the kitchen desk, "OoooOOOh, my TUMMY!"

And a Mommy hurrying from down the hall, "Not on the math book!! It was expensive!! Grab your bowl! THE BOWL!!!"


Yeah, it seems that our yuck is still circulating, so that's discouraging. On the more encouraging side, we only have 7 more days until Committee. I'm to the place where I just want it over. The case has (you guessed it, ONCE AGAIN) taken a strange and painful turn which I may go into later after Committee's done. We'll see.

Seriously. This could only happen to us.

Again.

I will leave you on a high note, as spring is in full swing and everything is beginning to bloom, here are some new projects my various sweeties are involved in:

My niece is walking folks. She honest to goodness started at 10 months. I saw it with my own eyes. I've heard people say, "Oh! My little Suzie started walking at 10 months!" To which I always responded with rolled eyes after the proud, but obviously exaggerating mother turned her back. I mean, c'mon. 10 months?

Well, I am officially issuing apologies to most of those women. But not the ones who say they had little Suzie potty trained at 14 months. You women are obviously delusional on several levels.



Micah is building the breakfast nook and I can tell it will be just lovely. He's making it large and sturdy enough to withstand several wee ones abusing it on a regular basis.

My handsome Levi is doing quite a nice job on those pedals and his language has exploded into actual. distinguishable. words. It's awesome.
Well, I'm off to fix dinner, but I'll continue to keep you "posted"...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah for your niece. That's great. Josiah too started walking 3 weeks ago. Man nothing's sacred anymore. Things that never concerned the girls, he's into. Sockets, knobs, drawers, ect.... He actually twisted my desk drawer knob until it came comepletely off. And you know where it went? Strait to the mouth where else?