Friday, December 28, 2007

Pre-Christmas Chaos

In the few days spent before Christmas, baby's transition graduated to the "Let's see if they still love me when I'm a stinker" stage. Rules were tested to prove their steadfastness (they held true), limits were pushed and pressed to confirm their position (they remained) and naughty of all sorts was performed, all with eyes looking right at Mommy to gauge her reaction and see her response (a bit hard not to smile at those big mischivious brown eyes!). Teeth were used as weapons and only abated when a brother decided enough was enough and retaliated in kind. He seemed shocked that his brother had had enough and finally bit back!

**********

Hand-washing and getting strapped into the car seat was met with flying fists and a hollers. I know that his age has a share of the blame, but that coupled with a sudden, major move and new family left my little son struggling for control. He's beginning to settle in now, though, and we're seeing more of those gorgeous smiles as he becomes secure in his world. I know these days will come and go and that the trick with him is to not give an inch. It's so hard to put him in the corner when he's already upset and I remember all he's gone through, but I have to teach him that he can relax inside his safe boundaries. When I do, we're all happy.
That having been said, I'm just so incredibly lucky that he's here with us. Most of the time he's such a sweet and loving little guy. And the rest of the time? Well, he is almost 2 after all!

Bath time is one of their favorite times!
Daddy playing some x-box with his boys after a long day at work.
I don't know why I like this picture. I just do. After I set out their clothes for the day I stepped back and looked at them. Then I took a picture. It just makes my Mommy's heart happy.
Here's my beautiful little boy. Nana bought him this hoodie that's made out of the same type of material as his blankie. He's very bonded to his blankie and it was one of the few things that came with him from his previous home. He wears his blankie coat everywhere and it seems to soothe him.
**********
Christmas pics to come!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sweetheart, you are such a great Mom! I see the boys adjusting beautifully day-by-day. I think it has gone very well ~ they are all adorable and so loveable! You and Micah are blessed as is little Levi to be brought into your loving home. Mom/Nana