Friday, November 30, 2007

We Have a Committee Date!!


(drum roll please)...January 10th at 1pm! It's a Thursday. A Thursday that I'll spend wringing my hands and gulping peppermint tea to easy my nervous stomach.

Sheesh, it's like taking a pregnancy test. Except the stupid thing takes 6 weeks to give a result. And instead of peeing on a stick you put a complex family scrapbook together to be judged by a panel of caseworkers. But other than that it's just like taking a pregnancy test.

Also new news is that DHS decided to have Committee for both boys (Tristian and his brother, Eligah. And, yes, that is actually how their names are spelled). So, we would be getting 2 new sons! Our children would be aged 5, 4, 3 and 2. But, as you can see, I tend to get ahead of myself. There are 2 other families that were chosen, as well. Probably really great folks who are just as excited as we are. It so sucks that 2 families have to come away disappointed. That's the worst thing about adopting through foster care, I think. 3 great families are chosen for each case. Only 1 will win adoption rights. The other 2 either write DHS off forever or keep applying for children and get to Committee again. Our worker says that she's never seen a family go to more than 3 Committees before getting placed. I really don't want to go through this twice more but I know we won't give up. We have kids out there who need to come home to us. We will find them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Honey ~ God knows who your children are and His timing is perfect. It WILL happen - stay in prayer for the little ones who are coming to join our family. I love you all! Mom