Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Wow. Just.....wow.


So, in the midst of remodeling disaster 2007 we receive a call. It's our adoption caseworker. She poses a question. If we were offered a foster placement that may turn into an adoptive placement, would we accept? There would be no guarantees, but chances are that bio-mom won't be able to parent. If this were the case, the State would give us adoption rights. Oh, and they can't find anyone to take this case on.



Sooooo....long story short, tomorrow we're picking up our newborn triplets!! I met them today, fed and changed them, learned about their needs and rocked them. I'm hooked. And possibly crazy.


They are a gift straight from the Father and I'm so honored to be chosen for this role (please remind me of this fact in 2 months when I have ginormous bags under my eyes and my blog turns to mush because I can't put 2 coherent words together).


Is this a risk for us? Yes. Could we get hurt again? Yes, very much so. Does God have this totally under control? You betcha. So, beginning tonight I will refer to these little ones as our daughters. I will not segregate them from the family in words or in action by constantly putting a "foster" in front of my daughters. For now they have 2 mothers, Micah's their father, and Solomon & Malachi are their brothers.

Now, I'm off to enjoy my last night of sleep for a very long time.

PS - Names to be announced...

11 comments:

Owlhaven said...

Wow-- amazing news! how thrilling!

Mary

Anonymous said...

Found you through Owlhaven. What amazing news. We adopted 3 boys via foster adopt in exactly the same situation...short story, they are now 12, almost 10 and 9 yo.

God's blessings upon you and praying for sleep. :)

Anonymous said...

Also found you through Owlhaven.

What amazing and wonderful news! Congratulations and may God continue to bless you!

shell said...

my advice as a mother of mutliples: get them on a schedule!!!! how sweet! i wish i was close enough to give you a hang!

Jill said...

OH OH OH!!!!!! They are beautiful!!!!! So happy for you. I will keep you all in my prayers. - Jill

God's Beautiful Chaos said...

I am so happy for you! I haven't checked your blog in FOREVER! What a gift from God. I will be praying for rest, strength and abundance of love! What an amazing miracle for us to witness. Blessings!

Brianna Heldt said...

CONGRATULATIONS! SOOOO precious!

Melanie said...

Wow indeed! How beautiful they are!

DeAnna said...

WHAT??!?!? Wow! What exciting news! And what sweet precious little babies. You are so right, God is in control!! Can't wait to hear more and see more pictures. :)

Spirit of Adoption said...

AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!! Praying for you!!! THANK YOU for being such an example of Christ in this situation!

with love!

Alicia said...

WOW is definitely the word. So cool.