Tuesday, August 28, 2007

1st Baseball Game!

So, we took the kids to Goga's GE work picnic which happened to be a Volcanoes game with all the food a person could stuff down the hatch. It was all the kids' first experience watching baseball and they (that is, the 2 who weren't sleeping) quite enjoyed themselves!




Here's the girls sleeping as they get gawked at. You know? Shopping trips take twice as long now. Folks see there's 3 of them (we put a thick blanket in the cart and bundle them pig-in-a-blanket style to do our shopping) and they issue me these puzzled/awed looks. My favorite responses/questions:


"Are the 3 of them twins?" ("Yes, indeed the 3 of them are twins.")


"Are they all girls?" (somehow this one only gets asked when I have them all in matching pink ruffly outfits with bows in their hair)


"Wow, triplets - were they all born at the same time?" (Uhhh, no. 3 minutes apart.)


"Wow! Triplets! That one looks different from the other 2 - does she have the same father?" (too much Maury, I reckon.)

As for the awesome threesome, well, we've had news that when we leave for vacation in 2 weeks they're going to transfer them back into the care of their mother. Now, let it be said that this placement may very well not "stick" and the girls may indeed come back to us. Mom wants a shot, though, and since she's meeting all her treatment goals and services, DHS wants to give her that opportunity. If she finds that triplets are too challenging to manage, they'll be placed back into our care and we'll be fast-tracking to adoption. We'll see. She may do great. Or she may find that 3 babies (although thoroughly cute and novel) are a great deal of work and the sleep-deprivation alone can push you to your knees. Folks keep worrying about how we're handling this news and I will tell you: We have a peace about this and none of the 4 of us have been stressing about the situation. It's a whole different ballgame than it was with Rayna. We've thoroughly enjoyed having the girls, but the peace we have about the situation is total. I may worry a bit when we're out-of-state about how Mom is faring with them, but the caseworker promises to drop-in 5 times per week and continue drug-testing and checking their environment. If I'm their mother, they'll come back to me!

Please pray for birth-mom and for the girls - HIS will, not ours, be done in their lives!


Oh, and as to Remodeling Disaster 2007....a picture says a thousand words, but I only need one: "Augh."


7 comments:

DeAnna said...

They are so precious!! You have such a wonderful attitude and heart for God's will. I'll pray for everyone involved. Did you actually get asked the question about the different father? Holy cow, how crazy are people?!? We always got asked boy or girl when our girls were babies, with pink dresses, big bows, pink blankets.... people are just clueless. :)

Anonymous said...

The "disaster area" will be but a fleeting memory (hopefully!) in the not-too-distant future. It will certainly be . . . . quiet at my house when the Lewis family goes home ~ a little too quiet, I'm thinking! Thank goodness you live close by so I can still get my "fix" on a regular basis! Nana

Andee said...

Sounds like you do your shopping where I do. Benton has no hair now, and people still ask if he's a girl. Our prayers are still with you. Peace that passes understanding is an awesome (and I mean that in the sense of inspiring awe) to see.

Maggie said...

I just read your comment on my blog. I'm so sorry. I'm not going to elaborate just in case you weren't planning to write about it here. Feel free to email me and vent, vent, vent away if you feel the need. theopenwindow (at) charter (dot) net.

Alicia said...

I'll be praying for you and those sweet babies (even if I'm am a little behind reading this.)

Spirit of Adoption said...

Oh MY!!! Triplets AND remodeling?!!! That's SERIOUS! : ) The peace the Lord has giving you is BEAUTIFUL! Praise HIM!!!!! So thankful for the time you've had with them! And will definitely be praying for them!!!!!

thank you SO much for sharing how the Lord is working in your hearts in this!!!

Anonymous said...

You both both doing great!! The house is coming along great! We will be praying for the girls. I know if it's ment to be they will be back with our family as our girls. You are an awesome mother Nee' and they would be so happy, You did great with them when they were with you.

Have a great vacation! LOVE YOU ALL

Papa & Goga