Saturday, June 23, 2007

They Graduated!!







Solomon is now in 1st grade and Malachi is a Kindergartner! While double-checking the Elementary Education Learning Objectives, making sure Sol had indeed met them all and was done with Kindergarten I noticed a graduation requirement I had somehow overlooked: Shoe tying. I Knitted my eyebrows together and zoomed in for a closer look, re-checking that I'd read correctly. I had. The kid had 6 hours to learn to tie his shoes. He surprised me by loving the whole, "the bunny hops around the tree and digs underneath, then, 'POP!' he comes out again..." spiel and was tying the shoes in no time. Whew. Daddy told him that that was good practice for college - cramming at the last minute!Solly getting his certificate! (That's Sol's friend, Libby, on the floor. Don't worry, she didn't fall, we're just a laid-back group and she wanted to relax while viewing the proceedings)
The Salem Home Educators graduates - way to go, guys!





Malachi's best friend, Cayman, and his sissy Ava Lily. Their Mommy is due with baby #6 this winter. You go, girl!



It occurred to me that Blogdom usually doesn't get to see Solomon looking all scholarly in his reading glasses. He wears them during school time and to watch television (when he remembers). Doesn't he look so grown-up?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Our boys are growing up soooo fast!
You and Micah certainly excel as parents ~ I'm really proud of you both. Your children are well-loved and well-disciplined. Beautiful! Nana