Thursday, May 07, 2009

Done

Daddy and I were sitting at the kitchen table, a bowl of fruit between us. Zephan was playing on the floor and, even though millions of babies were playing at that moment all over the world, ours was definitely the cutest. We were smiling smitten little grins, just watching him and snacking on our fruit.
Daddy (referring to the fruit): "Are you done?"
Mommy (not referring to the fruit) "Nope. I think I'd like more. You done?"
Daddy (glancing at the fruit, then the baby) "Nope."
We smile and eat more fruit.

3 comments:

StarfishMom said...

Jealous!!!! :)

Anonymous said...

For you, that would be like eating your salad and walking away from the entree and dessert. It'll be interesting to see who comes next.
Lucky child, whoever they are !!!
Mom

Lovingmyamazinglife said...

Thats cute.Me and hubby keep having that conversation in a casual way,we realize its not quit up to us.One day he says hes happy with the two we have and hes done,next day hes open.On a long,hard day,I feel like I should be done,but then I find myself thinking about all the kids in need,and what else would I really choose to do in life besides raising kids?