Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Done 2

This is a quote from Owlhaven's (there's a link to her on my sidebar) new book (YAY, Mary!!), and I love it. This lady is a mom to many and was so caring and supportive of our family when we went through Rayna's situation. The pain of losing that girl was horrendous. This lady encouraged me to keep on keeping on. That my next baby was surly on their way to my arms. And he was.



I know I'm not solely responsible for the world's
children. Each time we have adopted, we have not done it out of some
misguided savior complex but because we wanted another person to hug at night,
another face at our table, another little one to teach to talk and walk and ride
a bike, another person to rejoice over as she or he grows and
learns.

And yet, when and if my husband declare that finally we're
done...whether we care to face it or not, we are also closing a door in the face
of a real living child waiting somewhere in the world who could be
ours.

Call me nuts if you will, but I'm not ready to close that
door. Not just yet.
--
Mary Ostyn
, A Sane Woman's Guide to
Raising a Large Family

Here are a couple of pics of kiddos that are waiting for a family in Oregon:

Are all your kiddos home today?

3 comments:

StarfishMom said...

No, they're not home but I am ready and willing!!! :) BRING EM ON!!! Can I post this on my blog?

Momto5 RachelJoy Photography said...

:) new visitor to your blog :) lovely! love your boys!!

Mashel said...

I love this post!! I also want that book. This explains exactly how I feel. Why I want a bigger house and why I want more kids!