Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Supermen

Here's my guys after the Harvest Party they attended. I forgot my camera at the actual event, but it worked out as the place was waaaay to hoppin' to fuss with a camera and try to keep 2 eyes on 4 boys. Highlights of the night:
Running into Benton & Nathaniel (www.thepaulandandeeshow.blogspot.com)
Me and another mom standing watching our kids in the bouncy hut:
Me: "Which one's yours?"
Other Mom: "The ladybug. Which is yours?"
Me: "Superman."
Other Mom: "Which one? There's, like, 4 Supermen."
Me: "All of them."
Other Mom: "Um. Even the black one?"
Me: "Hahaaha...yep!"
We also got to pet some really neat creatures that the reptile dude brought.
Sigh. And this: I turn around to find Levi talking to some lady during the party. I come to coral him and this conversation went down:
Me (talking to Levi): "Hey, you! You making friends over here? C'mon! It's almost our turn to pet the snake!"
Lady: "You babysitting this baby?"
Me: "Nope, he's mine! Huh, Levi?"
Lady: "Levi? This ain't (my son's birth name)?"
Me: "His name is Levi."
Lady: "But this is (birth mom)'s and (birth dad)'s baby, right?"
Me: "Well, he's my baby now. I'm assuming you're friends of his birth parents?"
Lady: "Yeah, I used to run with them."
Me: "Mmmmm."
Fan. Tastic. This is the third time I've run into people who "know" my baby.
It upsets me because he has this reputation that he didn't earn because his bio-parents didn't shelter him from their life style. At all.
It irks me that these folks with unhealthy lifestyles approach my son and presume to know him. I'm afraid that they'll trigger some negative feelings for Levi. He's doing so well! You stupid people need to leave him be!
Also, I want his first memories to be here, with his family. What if an earlier memory is triggered and that's his first memory instead? I know I just need to pray over him and let it go, but it's hard.
Well, to end on an up-note, here are some individual shots of my cuties. I e-mailed Zephan's caseworker this pic and asked if we could trim the "frow-hawk" a bit.
I hope she says yes.



Have a great Halloween!




No comments: