Saturday, October 25, 2008

It's Busy 'Round Here!

Whew! I can tell that the school year is in full swing! Blogging has had to take a back seat lately, although there are plenty of interesting tidbits to tell, including awesome visits from both Uncle Dono & Auntie Cyn, Micah's siblings (how did I not remember to take pics with Auntie Cyn!?!). Here's Micah, Donovan (do they not look so much alike?), Gramps and the boys minus the one who was sleeping. So, here's some more quick up-dates for y'all before we head to an early Harvest Party. I'll post some pics of that later....they're sure to be cute!

This is what I found after telling my boys, "You guys have entirely too many stuffed toys! I'm tired of them littering the floor! If you can't find an appropriate spot to store them - that isn't on the floor tripping your mother - we'll have to downsize." I gotta tell ya, it was a bit disturbing walking in to find this. It just seems slightly...I don't know...creepy. Creative, yes. But also creepy.

And this is where we found Solomon one morning recently. He woke up and informed us that he just wanted to sleep with Brier-Rabbit.
Notice the elbow in the feed dish.

My little ones keep getting bigger and bigger! Most folks assume that Levi and Zephan are biologically related when they first meet our family. They do look like brothers!


Here's Solomon vacuuming for me. It's sure nice that he can do this now!

And Sol with his critters...



So, as you probably know, Malachi had spikes in his hair for the majority of his pre-school life. I loved it. It elongated his round face and brought out his beautiful blue eyes. On holidays we'd color it; red on Valentine's Day, green on St. Paddy's, orange on Halloween, red and green on Christmas. We even managed red, white and silver one 4th of July.
Then one morning he said he was done with his spikeys. He wanted his hair to grow. That was probably close to a year ago and everyone has missed, "Spikey Kai-key". I told him as much yesterday and he replied that, if he could choose any color, he'd let me cut spikeys again.
So, we headed to the store and he chose 6 colors to have on hand. Luckily this is the perfect time to buy spray hair color. Sally's carries similar sprays for 5 - 6 bucks a can year round, but this is the only time we can get it for $1.88 at Sprawl-Mart. Anyway, a mound of hair later...
I had my Spikey-Kaikey back!


1 comment:

Andee said...

It was sure fun seeing you guys at the kids club. Let me know next time you're going and I'll buy ya a coffee ;)