Thursday, January 10, 2008

The ever-elusive Committee...

Seeing as this is the original Committee date for the 2 boys we were chosen for a while back, I thought I'd update y'all as to why I'm not sipping peppermint tea and wringing my hands. The boys' case took a weird turn (this should be our adoptive journey's motto - Sheesh!) and the boys are to be split up. Only the older of the 2 is going to Committee today and will be adopted but will have court-mandated visitation with his little brother who is staying in foster care. I will say no more about the case but suffice it to say that we weren't comfortable with the way the whole situation concluded and the plan that was settled on by the powers that be.
**********
As for little Michael, it was discovered that he has Native American heritage. The tribe can now get involved in his case and things have come to a bit of a halt. It's usually mandated by the tribe that Native American children are placed into home congruent with their culture/ethnicity. So, Michael is a closed door for us.
**********
New news? We've been chosen to go to Committee for a darling (and I mean DARLING, folks) sib group we call The Dream Team. It's a 3 year-old girl, 17 month old girl and 5 month old boy. Hopefully things won't go screwy and they will go to Committee as planned (just once would be nice, eh?) and we'll have a fair shot at winning. We have not received a date as of yet, but as always, I'll keep you posted.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who knows how to put bunkbeds together? I'm thinking this is the only solution if you get 3 more kiddos. WOW! is all I can say ~ 6 kids 6 years and under. Makes me dizzy thinking about it - ha! I'm happy to be Nana to however many you bring home though.
There's lots of in our family to go around. Nana/Mom

Anonymous said...

That would be "lots of LOVE" in our family to go around! ha! Mom