Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Separation Anxiety


So, I'm going to the Home School Mom's Retreat this weekend and will be leaving the boys and going out of town for the first time in their lives. Micah, Sol and Kai are staying the weekend at Scott and Lori's while Lori and I are gone. 2 Dads and 6 little boys. Yikes. Anyhow, Solomon has been aware of the plans for a while, but as Friday grows near I decided to ease his fears about Mommy leaving. Our conversation went like this:
Mommy: "You know, Sol, this is the weekend that Mommy is leaving town for a whole 3 days, and I want you to know---"
Solomon: "YAY! I GET TO SPEND THE NIGHT AT ZION'S HOUSE!!"
Mommy: "Yes! That will be fun! And, you can just call me on the cell phone if you get---"
Solomon: "DID YOU KNOW ZION'S GOAT JUST HAD BABIES!!!"
Mommy: "Yes, I did know that! Are you going to miss m---"
Solomon: "DADDY SAID WE CAN ROAST DINGERS ON THE FIRE!!!"
Mommy: "That sounds like fun, but at bedtime won't you miss when I---
Solomon "ME AND ZION ARE GONNA JUMP ON THE TRAMPOLINE UNTIL REEEALY LATE!!"
Mommy: "Oh, good! And if you wake up in the night and miss---"
Solomon: "THIS IS GONNA BE SOOO FUN!! CAN YOU LEAVE RIGHT NOW?"
Mommy: "Nice. Real nice."

No comments: