Thursday, December 24, 2009

Merry Christmas!



I hope all of you are enjoying your families today! This season has been so fun for our family.
Here's our ultra-natural Christmas tree ornaments (we went out and grabbed some birds to decorate the tree. They loved it and sang and cooed - it was so pretty) I told Malachi one day that the twin chicks still didn't have names. Malachi's usually the one who names everyone, so he contemplated thoughtfully as he held one of the babies. Then he said, "Well, this one pecks at my hand a lot, so we should call him Little Pecker." He didn't understand my laughter, but took my advice when I recommended another name. He ended up settling on Shade and Shadow for them :)Micah's on Winter break from school and we've been having some much-needed time together. Our church went to the carousel by the river to sing carols and munch cookies and let the kids ride. It was a ton of fun. Even Zephan, who was rather freaked out by the carousel, enjoyed the ride once I found a 2-seater bench for him and I to ride on together, instead of a horse.My niece brought her Mom and Dad, too and she loved riding the horsies. Bree is the opposite of Zephan in the area of new experiences. He melts down and she dives right in. We've also been baking and visiting friends and enjoying Christmas lights and songs. Micah and I even got to go to the movies together. We saw Avatar in 3-D while Great-Gramma Reyna stayed home with the boys and listened to Zephan cry for 3 hours. He DID NOT want to be left that day. But Avatar was FANTASTIC!! It was my first 3-D movie and I was very impressed.

We also got to mutt-sit our favorite (other than Lexx) doggy, Bentley. My boys ADORE this dog and sleep with him when he stays with us. Lexx and him get along great and they enjoy one another. Someday when we get a bit bigger of a place I know I'll pine for a big dog. There's nothing like them.
Well, Merry Christmas to you! I was hoping for the off-chance that the courts would call and tell us that they'd magically fit us in before year's end, but God's in control and I'm trying to be patient.

No comments: