Monday, November 16, 2009

Guess Who Signed Adoption Paperwork Today?


WE DID!!!






Here we are waiting in the lawyer's office

Zephan and Daddy





Signing the petition to adopt!! This will now go to the judge's office and his staff will set up a ceremony date for us. After we see the judge it's a done deal! He will officially be:
Zephaniah Henry!!
I think it's cool how, even though this adoption didn't go through "on time", we'll finalize at Christmastime just like we did with Levi. It makes this time of year extra special for us. So much to celebrate! Last year it snowed on Levi's "Gotcha Day" which was oh so beautiful and such a treat. The memory of the boys running down the courthouse steps in the snowflakes is burned into my memory. And how this flood of relief and awe washed over me that nobody could take him away, now. He was MINE. We went out for dessert down the block afterward and I watched both sides of our families enjoy one another and chat while the boys giggled and ate their danishes. It was a perfect day. And now I get to do it again with my 4th son. The little stinker will be MINE.




How blessed am I.

2 comments:

StarfishMom said...

So thrilled for you ALL!! You are INDEED blessed (and I wish you lived closer!!!) XOXOXOXO

Anonymous said...

Thats wonderful,so glad the wait is over,I know the relief.