Thursday, May 24, 2007

I am Officially a Lemming...


From Mommy: Yes. A minivan. This happened after I was unstrapping my youngest from his car seat and he said, "Why is Shamus smoking? Smoking gives us cancer." I turned around and, low and behold, our '86 conversion van (affectionately known as Shamus) had smoke billowing out at us from his ventilation system. D'oh.

Now, this instance happened shortly after he started sprouting mushrooms (yes, honest to goodness mushrooms) out of his carpeting. Hmmm. Time for a new form of transport, eh?

So, we hear by introduce Scarlett, our new ride. I'm bashfully admitting to loving her. Her gas gauge works. She has dual sliders. She doesn't smell of burning petrol. She gets more than 9 miles to the gallon. I don't have to yell for my children to hear me while on the road. I can reach her pedals without strain. I can park with only 1 try. Yes, Scarlet and I will get along just fine. Thank you, Lord!

3 comments:

Andee said...

Keep this quiet, but I love mine too. It was my first step in admitting that I might actually be a grown-up now. The home ownership didn't do it for me. Neither did the two kids. Rather, it was the day I was loading benton and groceries into the van, thinking, "at least i don't look like I drive a mini van." Then i looked down and noticed I was wearing kaki pants and a v-neck t-shirt. Oops. Time to grow up.

Anonymous said...

I'm so relieved that you know have reliable, non-toxic transportation!
May you enjoy many wonderful miles together! =) Nana

Anonymous said...

Oops - that you NOW have good transportation! ha! Nana