Thursday, May 10, 2007

Avoid "$2 Tuesdays"...

From Mommy: What could be more fun than a day at the zoo? Why, driving an hour to get there only to find a half mile's worth of sweaty humanity waiting to gain admittance and no available parking! That's what! After circling the entire vicinity several times and discovering the lines snaking into infinity, we decided to come another day (if you've ever considered going on "$2 Tuesday", just pay the extra dough. Trust me.). There was plenty of whining, lamenting and pouting about not getting to see the animals, but I eventually calmed down as my boys consoled me and Micah rubbed my back, promising that we'd come back another day.


Sooo, we ended up at Bullwinkle's Family Fun Center instead. It was good times. Not the same caliber of entertainment that penguins and elephants offer, but I got over it.




PS - The shirts that the boys are

wearing were mine when I was their age. Na
na just came across them while cleaning out some storage. Don't they look so retro-80's? Radical!









PPS - For those of you who've been calling to congratulate me on my new niece, because you "assumed that she had to have been born by now...", no, she's still quite content staying warm and curled up just where she is.
If the expression, "Fashionably late" is exponential, she'll be born wearing vintage Versache.






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ha, ha, ha! So glad you got over "your pout" & decided to set a good example for your sons! Glad you still had a wonderful outing and by the looks of the ride, at least you didn't have to fight a crowd at Bullwinkles. Fun stuff! XXOO Mom / Nana