Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Laurelai


From Mommy: It's been a tough couple of days. Saturday as we were picking up a few things at Wal-Mart, we got the call no one in the world wants to get. Solomon's friend, Laurelai went home to her Heavenly Father. Her parents, our friends, had to say goodbye to their baby. We know it will be but a blink in the eye of eternity before they're all together again, but it stung with a strength that shook me to my core. Everyone around us continued to buy milk and hurry on their respective ways, and I just wanted to scream, "STOP! CAN'T YOU ALL JUST STOP FOR A MINUTE?!" I can't even explain why I wanted everyone to be still. I just did. I needed them to realize, to know what a beautiful girl she is and that she was now healed. Home.
That same day in Arkansas a Mommy who I've been blogging lost her little boy. The doctors couldn't stop the bleeding in Canon's brain. He was home now, as well.
The day after next, the White family lost their little Ethiopian daughter whom they were set to pick up from the orphanage in mere weeks. Septicemia took Meskerem just days after her excited family completed her nursery half a world away.
God is good. All the time. I say this because I know it to be true. I say it because I know that Lelly, Canon and Meskerem are safe and happy. And I know that these parents would do the tough days over a million times just to see these faces smiling at them. Faces they'll see again soon. Faces they'll cup in their hands and smother with kisses. Faces that will smile at their Mommy and Daddy when they hear, "I'm so glad we're together again - I missed you so much!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I mourn with these families - I can't imagine anything harder than losing your precious child. I don't know how people cope who don't know Jesus as their personal savior which gives us the promise of eternal life with Him and all our loved ones. These families will be in my prayers as the difficult days ahead unfold for them ~ how do you get back to everyday life with this huge hole in your heart? I just can't imagine . . . . . Nana