Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Crowing Gazy


Note from Mommy: Still no news on our Committee date. My stomach is in a permanent knot, I've forgotten what it feels like without tension squeezing it. Nana and I have been working every available "shift" on the scrapbook which will represent our family at Committee. Since our family isn't allowed to actually be there (each family has an adoption worker representing us), this book is the only thing they'll have to glimpse inside our household. No pressure, ay?
So, needless to say, I've been obsessive and even driven to tears trying to achieve the perfection I NEED for this book. Then I gather up all my emotions and failings, and give them to God with fervent prayers for His plan to be accomplished in spite of my efforts (it certainly won't be because of them). I then promptly take it all back from Him and spiral back into my worry and inadequacy. I'm glad this journey is nearly over, but frantic that the journey will end without her continuing it with us.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is where she belongs!!! We will love and cherish her!! And, beauitful Daughter-in-Law, you are NOT inadequate!, I could not wish for a better Daughter-in-law and mother of my grandchildren. You are an Awesome MOM. We are proud of both of you, you have done an awesome job with both boys and I know that we will be able to welcome this beauitful little girl into our family too!!!!

WE LOVE YOU
PAPA & GOGA

Anonymous said...

Ditto to all that Goga wrote above.
We all love your little family and
are proud of your parenting abilities! God is your guide and it certainly shows !!!! Hang tight - it will be decided soon. Nana

The Brothers said...

With a family like this we can conquer the world! You guys are such a blessing to us through all this! There aren't words that express enough thankfulness for you.