Friday, September 22, 2006

Mommy Knows Best...


Every time Mom takes us to the grocery store I see these cute little lemon-shaped containers of juice and every time I ask for one. Mom always says, "No, sweetie. Those are sour!" And still I ask. Every time. Well, yesterday I hit the jackpot! Mom was pleased with the efficiency of our chore and school work that morning, then our patience and good behavior as we spent nearly 2 hours in the store. She said that we could choose out a package of gum (Kai and I are gum fiends). So, I asked once again. She assured me that I wanted the gum instead. I assured her that I didn't.
So, I rode home with my long-desired treasure on my lap. Once home I un-screwed the little lid and took a huge gulp. The first couple of pics turned out blurry, as I immediately began convulsing and coughing in disgust, Kai laughing as he chewed his sweet, yummy Juicy Fruit. Jerk.
I guess maybe next time I'll consider listening to my Mama. But no promises.
Oh, and I forgave Kai for laughing because he went and got a piece of his gum to share with me. Maybe he's not so bad :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I laughed so hard I nearly feel off of my chair ! Life lessons aren't always so sweet, huh Solly!
Nana

Unknown said...

haha!!!

One time when I was little, I BEGGED my parents to let me try some vinegar from this jar that they were all using to season their food-- my dad kept saying no, finally he let me and I think I threw up.

sometime we just have to learn by our own little selves, don't we ;)

nice of his brother to share gum with him.

just wanted to say--- we're staring the process of Ethiopian adoption in November, so I'm going to be checking in on how you guys are doing every now and then, too.