Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Boys to Men


A note from Mom: So. The boys needed new underpants. Simple enough, eh? Yeah. The neat thing about the boys is that they're beginning to develop their own ideas. About everything. Fun but annoying. You know, I'm not a boy. I know, SURPRISE! Not being a boy, I can only speculate about the needs of boys in the underpants department. I would think that it would be desirable to wear an undergarment of a supportive nature. Makes sense to me. Everything nice and, well, held together. Not flappin' whichever way the wind blows, you see. But, apparently, in male circles, there's a niceness to this idea of flappin' free. I discovered this idea also suited my boys.
They chose out these "boxer-briefs". So, we get them home and wash them up. What happened next was alarming to me: The change from the tidy-whities to the briefs brought an immediate change in posture. They began strutting. That's right, STRUTTING. Like proud little roosters. They began striking poses and shooting haughty glances to everyone in the vicinity. They were suddenly men. Next time, I'm underpants shopping without them.

2 comments:

owlhaven said...

Very cute!

Andee said...

My stomach hurts a little from the laughing. Is this what I have to look forward to? Never mind. We'll just skip potty training. Do you think that would damage Benton's pshyche?
Andrea