Sunday, July 24, 2005

A Note from Mommy -
It sure doesn't seem like 2 years ago that I feared for his life. I remember praying, 'God, if You let him make it through this birth, I promise never to take him for granted. I promise to raise him up for Your glory." God is faithful, and Malachi is here.
Tomorrow I'm taking him back to Silverton Hospital. Not only to show him where his life was both started and saved, but to lay to rest the panicky feeling I have since experienced every time I pass through any hospital, no matter the reason. We'll see the newborn babies, meet the nurses who remember us, and eat lunch in the cafeteria. But the most important thing I'll do tomorrow is watch my little boy walking down the corridore, unscathed. Complete. Just like I prayed he would on that day 2 years ago.
Happy Birthday Malachi. I love you more then you can ever know.

2 comments:

Andee said...

We're so glad to have you in our lives, Malachi. Happy birthdat, little one. Keep on amazing your Mommy and Daddy, OK?
Love, Paul, Andee, and Ben

Anonymous said...

I wasn't able to be there for your birthday Malachi but I want you to always remember that your papa love's you.